Since the start of the Covid crisis in March, 2020, St. Paul’s has been using Zoom to allow people to meet online. We use Zoom to allow people to attend the Sunday Service, Adult Sunday School, and other events and meetings. Zoom is easy to use. The meeting information that you need are available from Chris Seiter at the Church office, the elders and members of Church council*.
The simplest way to use Zoom is to call an 800 number and listen by phone. You can also participate and speak too.
You can use Zoom on a Windows PC, a Mac, an iPad and other electronic devices.
Start Zoom by going to this Zoom web site here.
- At the top of the page you will see, Join a Meeting. Click on it.
- You will go to another screen
- Enter the meeting ID that is available through the Church Office.
- Enter the password that is available through the Church Office
- You will go to a virtual waiting room and then on to the meeting when the moderator sees you.
- There are some controls that will allow you to turn your microphone on or off.
- There are some controls that will allow you to turn your camera on or off.
- One of the confusing parts of Zoom is the different views or arrangements of the screen of the person speaking and of other participants. Be patient and explore!
Zoom has some short on minute education videos that will teach you about using Zoom. You can view them here.
*We welcome anyone to attend our meetings. However, like any technology there are opportunities for abuse. We do not publish the meeting ID and password to prevent unwanted and inappropriate crashing of the meeting. You can get the Meeting ID and Password from Chris Seiter at the Church Office, from Council members, and from the Pastor.